To understand medical experimentation upon our troops, it helps to first understand that the Feres Doctrine exists: “The United States is not liable under the Federal Tort Claims Act for injuries to members of the armed forces sustained while on active duty and not on furlough and resulting from the negligence of others in the armed forces.” Pp. 136-146. — The primary decision of the Feres Doctrine.
This single decision has meant that for over 70 years, the Dept. of Defense has not been held accountable for conducting medical experiments upon our troops. Sometimes public pressure produced minimal results; most of the time, not
While it sounds radical and far-fetched at first glance, the anthrax vaccine was on file with the FDA for many years as an Investigational New Drug – an experiment – yet was routinely administered to the troops without either informed consent or a presidential waiver, as required by law. This means that, at least up until the FDA’s December, 2003 ruling that the vaccine was both safe and legal, orders to give the vaccine were illegal. The current claim by the FDA and the DOD that animal data are sufficient to prove the safety and efficacy of the vaccine flies in the face of the fact that no correlate between animal data and human data exists. Many other bioterrorism vaccines are also in the pipeline, and fast-track procedures are being put in place to have these vaccines bypass the “normal” rigorous safety standards and testing.
Unfortunately, there is a long history of experimentation by the U.S. military which is already well known and documented. As you are about to read, Congress has been long familiar with such practices by the Dept. of Defense.
- IS MILITARY RESEARCH HAZARDOUS TO VETERANS’ HEALTH? – LESSONS SPANNING HALF A CENTURY
— A Staff Report Prepared for the Committee on Veterans’ Affairs — United States Senate, December 8, 1994 — John D. Rockefeller IV, West Virginia, Chairman
* A. For at least 50 years, DOD has intentionally exposed military personnel to potentially dangerous substances, often in secret * B. DOD has repeatedly failed to comply with required ethical standards when using human subjects in military research during war or threat of war.
- Forced Vaccines Haunt Gulf Vets – It was, the doctor at the Long Beach Veteran’s Administration Hospital said, an incidental finding. A little gray smudge on the X-ray, a blob next to the pituitary gland. Six months later, University of California at Los Angeles surgeons worked six hours to sever a tumor from the brain of a muscular, 25-year-old ex-Special Forces Ranger and Gulf War veteran. The costly surgery was performed at UCLA, the patient said, because VA doctors denied that the “incidental finding” caused his excruciating, unremitting headaches.
- The United States and the Japanese Mengele: Payoffs and Amnesty for Unit 731 – Everyone has heard of Auschwitz, but what about Pingfan? This Japanese germ warfare headquarters and laboratory in Manchuria, northern China, did not hold as many victims, but atrocities committed there were physically worse than in the Nazi concentration camp, and lasted much longer. …It is because of U.S. connivance in Japanese secrecy that Tokyo’s biological war has yet to be fully disclosed. An estimated 400,000 disease deaths, almost all Chinese, remain uncompensated.
- Judge sides with U.S. servicemen used as guinea pigs in terrifying Cold War experiment A federal judge has ruled the United States Army must quickly inform veterans of any potentially harmful health effects stemming from the secret medical and drug experiments conducted on them during the Cold War.
According to a report by Courthouse News wire service, the ruling comes in favor of 7,800 soldiers claiming to have been involved in the experiments. After recruiting Nazi scientists to help through a program called “Project Paperclip,” the Army and CIA administered between 250 and 400 kinds of drugs to the soldiers in an attempt to advance US ability to wage war.
- PROJECT SHAD: AMERICAN SERVICEMEN USED AS GUINEA PIGS (see links below story) JimCast@infowars.net– Sept 2001
“Project Shipboard Hazard and Defense” (SHAD) was a program started in the early 1960’s,to learn the vulnerabilities of US warships, during chemical or biological warfare attacks. Under Project SHAD were 113 different “Operations” or tests. US Naval crews and Marine personnel were sprayed with various biological and chemical germ warfare agents, and stimulants. Some ships and Marine personnel were sprayed from overflying aircraft, while other tests on ships were being sprayed by aircraft carriers, which were upwind. While some high ranking personnel may have had knowledge of what was happening, most of the ships’ crews did not.”
About Project 112 and Project SHAD: http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/shad/basics.asp
Vets Blast SHAD Study http://archive.navytimes.com/article/20070704/NEWS/707040319/Vets-blast-SHAD-study
Dec 7, 1996 – The judgment by the war crimes tribunal at Nuremberg laid down 10 standards to which physicians must conform when carrying out experiments on human subjects in a new code that is now accepted worldwide. This judgment established a new standard of ethical medical behavior for the post World War II human rights era.